• LargoUsagi
  • LargoUsagi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Tech Admin
  • Tech Admin
  • I Kill therefor I Am
More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #1 by LargoUsagi
LargoUsagi created the topic: MTG Direct Print Tokens
So I have been working through the process of creating high quality tokens using a direct print method I found on the Internets and improving off of what I found.

Here you can see the progression of attempting to get the adhesion promotion for the substrate working, it took a few times and custom mixes of different mediums and paint chemicals to find something that worked as desired.

Once that was done I could apply a few coats of the printing substrate and generate image files to print on the stripped and prepped cards.

Printing the first one I forgot to turn off the black and white printing, but you can see defects in the sub strait on the left third of this card.

Next print on a newly prepped card had different issues but the overall finish was better.

I felt I had the process down well enough to attempt a batch of them, each in this batch has their own defects but the quality only went up as I progressed.

This finally yielded me an acceptable set of 4 soldier tokens, I still need to make 4 more, but this is a good start, I have new materials that have shown up to continue making imporvements on this process.

More to come in the future.

BOM and Cost Analysis
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by LargoUsagi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• LargoUsagi
  • LargoUsagi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Tech Admin
  • Tech Admin
  • I Kill therefor I Am
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2 by LargoUsagi
LargoUsagi replied the topic: MTG Direct Print Tokens
I cleaned off the sub strait for the black and white token and painted it on by hand instead of with the air brush. I found this process to create bubbles in the finish that where evident in the final printing. Something happened around the edges, not exactly certain what caused it, but I can hand paint them black.

Overall another learning process that tells me use the airbrush and put down more sub strait per coat.

I will post touch up images once its done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Spyderdead
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds